GROUP OF 7 HEADSTONES WITH ACCOMPANYING FOOTSTONES APPROXIMATELY 5 - 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST JAMES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1106821
Date first listed:
09-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 7 HEADSTONES WITH ACCOMPANYING FOOTSTONES APPROXIMATELY 5 - 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST JAMES

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF 7 HEADSTONES WITH ACCOMPANYING FOOTSTONES APPROXIMATELY 5 - 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST JAMES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1106821 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 13:28:48.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF 7 HEADSTONES WITH ACCOMPANYING FOOTSTONES APPROXIMATELY 5 - 10 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST JAMES

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
North Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Arlington
National Grid Reference:
SS 61309 40469

Details

ARLINGTON ARLINGTON SS 64 SW 5/11 Group of 7 headstones with - accompanying footstones approximately 5 - 10 metres south of chancel of Church of St James GV II Group of 7 headstones with accompanying footstones. Late C18/early C19. 4 pairs are of stone, 3 of slate. 3 of the pairs are set back to back. To Joseph Pyke (d.1812), with angel's bust to nowy-arched head; Alice Parkin (d.1776), nowy-arched with angel blowing trumpet to head; George Parkin (d.1772), Hugh Parkin (d.1802), nowy-arched with angels bust to headstone. John Giles (d.1724), George Crocombe (d.1731) and William Rawl (d.1821) both with angels busts to head.

Listing NGR: SS6130940469

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
96986
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/09627/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Pearce. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].