This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

PAVILION ABOUT 110 METRES WEST SOUTH WEST OF HUNTSHAM COURT

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: PAVILION ABOUT 110 METRES WEST SOUTH WEST OF HUNTSHAM COURT

List entry Number: 1106891

Location

PAVILION ABOUT 110 METRES WEST SOUTH WEST OF HUNTSHAM COURT

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: Mid Devon

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Huntsham

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 24-Jul-1989

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 96859

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added to the list

ST 02 SW

7/212 HUNTSHAM Pavilion about 110 metres West South West of Huntsham Court GV

II

Garden summerhouse. Late C19 constructed from medieval material from the parish church when it was restored from 1854 under Benjamin Terrey or in 1871 when the north aisle was built.

Stone outside rear wall partly cob and front reused stone tracery. Monopitch plain tile roof.

Plan: Small rectangular plan building with a doorway at the centre of the front.

Exterior: 1 storey. 3-bay front made from reused perpendicular trusses from the parish church. A single light window to the left and a 2-light window on the right with a doorway between at the centre. At the left (south) end the traceried head of a 3-light window. The right hand (north) end has partly collapsed.

Interior: the roof is made from part of a Medieval wagon roof structure.

Listing NGR: ST0006720550

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: ST 00067 20550

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1106891 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2017 at 02:31:09.

End of official listing