THE OLD PARSONAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1107411

Date first listed: 09-Feb-1961

Date of most recent amendment: 27-May-1986

Statutory Address: THE OLD PARSONAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD PARSONAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1107411 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Dec-2018 at 12:27:25.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD PARSONAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Devon

District: South Hams (District Authority)

Parish: Dean Prior

National Grid Reference: SX 73006 63486

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

DEAN PRIOR - SX 76 SW

6/9 - The Old Parsonage (Formerly listed as 9-2-61 The Vicarage)

GV II

House, formerly vicarage. Early C19, possibly with some earlier fabric. Rendered stone rubble, south wall is slate hung. Asbestos slate roof, hipped to east front, gabled at rear (west). Two storeys. East front: Three bays. Tripartite sashes with glazing bars in moulded frames, centre first floor single-light sash. Central doorway with panelled and glazed door and glazed porch with cornice. Gothick pointed arch sash on north side. Rendered chimney stack on side wall. Interior: Early C19 joinery, single staircase and two marble chimney pieces. Robert Herrick, the poet, lived here, or in a house on the site, when he was vicar in 1629-47 and 1662-74. There are no interior features earlier than early C19, nor is there any evidence of the C17 or earlier house which existed in Herricks time, but the gables at the rear are asymmetrical and the back parts may be earlier with an early C19 refronting of the east.

Listing NGR: SX7300663482

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 99262

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing