BEAUMONT RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1112125

Date first listed: 29-Apr-1952

Statutory Address: BEAUMONT RECTORY, CHAPEL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BEAUMONT RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1112125 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2018 at 02:25:00.

Location

Statutory Address: BEAUMONT RECTORY, CHAPEL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Essex

District: Tendring (District Authority)

Parish: Beaumont-cum-Moze

National Grid Reference: TM 17773 24977

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BEAUMONT-CUM-MOZE CHAPEL ROAD TM 12 SE (south side) 5/4 Beaumont Rectory 29.4.52 GV II*

House. Circa 1800. Red brick in Flemish bond, roofed with old grey slate. Double-pile plan facing E, with 2 internal stacks symmetrically arranged, and one at rear left. 2 storeys with attics. 5-window range of original sashes of 12 lights with gauged flat brick arches, painted reveals and crown glass. In attic, 3 original sashes in semi-circular headed dormers. Central half-glazed door and overlight with marginal lights and panelled reveals, Greek Doric portico with triglyph frieze and 4 stone steps. Moulded stone cornice above first-floor windows, plain parapet with stone coping. Hipped mansard roofs. The left return has one original sash on the ground floor, 2 on the first floor and a similar attic window. The right return has one blind aperture and one original sash on each floor. Original lead rainwater heads and pipes. The rear elevation has a 3-window range of original sashes, 2 similar attic windows, and an off-centre 6-panel flush door with overlight, panelled jambs and soffit, dentilled and moulded flat canopy, and 6 stone steps with wrought iron handrails, all original. Walls connected with the house extend backwards from each rear corner for approx. 5 metres, each with one semi-circular recessed arch of gauged brick. The interior has the original 3-flight geometrical stair with scrolled tread ends, wreathed handrail and stick balusters, doors, architraves, skirtings, and folding shutters. The estate was acquired by Guy's Hospital c.1760 (P. Morant, The History and Antiquities of the County of Essex, 1768, I, 486); the house is reported to have been a rectory from c.1850 to c.1955.

Listing NGR: TM1777324977

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 120248

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Morant, P, The History and Antiquities of the County of Essex, (1768), 486

End of official listing