ST IVES JUNIOR SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1115108

Date first listed: 30-Aug-1984

Statutory Address: ST IVES JUNIOR SCHOOL, THE STENNACK

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST IVES JUNIOR SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1115108 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 01:12:24.

Location

Statutory Address: ST IVES JUNIOR SCHOOL, THE STENNACK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Ives

National Grid Reference: SW 51487 40348

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

THE STENNACK 1. ------------ 5159 St Iveg Junior School

SW 54 SW 1/301

II

2. County Council Junior School, former Board School. 1878-1881 by Silvarus Trevail. Dressed granite with granite ashlar dressings. Welsh slate roofs with bands of fish-scale slates and coursed ridge tiles with small terracotta finials over the gables. Three gable-ended parallel ranges with linking ranges at the south front. The central range is shorter and has wider gable and a porch in the angle to the right with small bell tower above with battered first stage with gablet and two light lancet louvred bell-openings and with moulded string and cornice above, originally surmounted by a slated pyramidal spire. The central gable has tripartite gothic windows with double-chamfered pointed arches with hoodmoulds and pierced blind tympana and with shouldered arch lights below in the flanking gables tripartite shouldered and lights within single pointed arch with blind tympana with small shield of the area. Similar gable on east and west side. All the gables, except the centre, have barge-boards treated as exposed trusses with braces to the collars and king-posts, and paired wooden brackets in place of kneelers. The windows on the front linking ranges and at the sides have straight heads with stopped chamfered jambs, some paired with central mullion. All sashes, without glazing bars. Continuous granite weathered cill course and plinth and small buttresses with set offs at the corners and front. Moulded granite ridge stacks with set-offs and weathered caps. The plans for the school were exhibited at the 1878 Pairs Exhibition and afterwards in the International Exhibition held in Melbourne and Sidney, Australia.

Listing NGR: SW5148740348

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 351295

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing