OLD METHODIST CHAPEL 15 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL AMBLE METHODIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1116828

Date first listed: 26-Jun-1987

Statutory Address: OLD METHODIST CHAPEL 15 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL AMBLE METHODIST CHURCH

Map

Ordnance survey map of OLD METHODIST CHAPEL 15 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL AMBLE METHODIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1116828 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Oct-2018 at 02:44:52.

Location

Statutory Address: OLD METHODIST CHAPEL 15 METRES NORTH EAST OF CHAPEL AMBLE METHODIST CHURCH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Kew

National Grid Reference: SW9970875522

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 97 NE ST KEW CHAPEL AMBLE 4/246 Old Methodist Chapel 15m to north - east of Chapel Amble Methodist Church - GV II Former Methodist Chapel, converted to Sunday School and now used as store. Circa 1820. Low walls of rendered cob on stone rubble plinth. Partly slate hung on south- east gable end. Rag slate roof with half-hipped ends. Single cell rectangular plan with entrance in later porch on south-east end. Circa mid C19 stone rubble porch covers earlier entrance on south east. The side elevations are lit by two horned 16-pane sashes and two early C19 hornless sashes flank the site of the pulpit in the north-west rear elevation. Interior: with furnishings largely removed. Remains of box pew. The Association Methodists converted this chapel to a Sunday School when they erected their present Methodist Chapel in 1840 (qv Chapel Amble Methodist Church). Shaw, T Methodism in the Camelford and Wadebridge Circuit 1743-1963, 1963 Stell, C Draft of An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses, R.C.H.M.

Listing NGR: SW9970875522

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 351531

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting Houses in Central England, (1986)
Shaw, T, Methodism in the Camelford and Wadebridge Circuit 1743-1963, (1963)

End of official listing