Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1119671

Date first listed: 10-Mar-1998



Ordnance survey map of WESTON PATRICK VILLAGE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1119671 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 20:15:22.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hampshire

District: Basingstoke and Deane (District Authority)

Parish: Weston Patrick

National Grid Reference: SU 68974 46857


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


SU 64 NE WESTON CORBETT AND WESTON PATRICK 289/16/10027 Weston Patrick Village Hall


Farm building, then village school, now village hall. Probably C17 and C18; altered for use as school 1868 - 1917; became village hall 1926; late C20 alterations. Timber framed with wattle and daub infill largely covered by C18 and C20 weatherboard; C19 stretcher-bond brickwork. Hipped roof, originally thatched, now with plain clay tiles; brick ridge stack between right-hand bays. One storey; apparently 4 framed bays with further brick bay to right. Brick and flint plinth at left end. Board doors to bays 2 and 5, the latter with 2-light small-pane window to its right. Unhorned bowed 12-pane sash window to bay 1. Tall C19 cross-window to bay 3. Smaller 2-light window to bay 4. Between bays 2 and 3, base of cruck blade on brick plinth. At eaves, exposed ends of rafter feet. Left gable: cill plate of timber frame visible below C18 weatherboarding. Rear: on right, some old weatherboard and two C19 cross-windows; on left, C19 brick outshut with board door to right gable and, on left, 2-light diamond-leaded metal dormer window under tile-hung gable; inside outshut, original timber frame is exposed, having arched braces from posts to wall plate and evidence of former large square panels and wattle and daub infill. Interior: jowelled wall posts with straight braces to tie-beams. Walls, floor and ceiling boarded. At left end, dais, wainscot, and four boards, painted with the Ten Commandments, The Lord's Prayer and the Creed, and probably brought from the village church on the occasion of its restoration in 1868; also C20 board commemorating benefactress. At right end, C19 fireplace, step and door to kitchen, and inserted door to 1997 toilets. This C17, or earlier, agricultural building retains much of its timber-framed structure, and is of especial interest in retaining the features associated with its use in the C19 as the village school. Anne Pitcher, Upton Grey, Weston Patrick, Tunworth, Weston Corbett and Bidden; p 15.BB

Listing NGR: SU6961545648


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 469142

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing