This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

CROFT HOUSE ATTACHED EXTENSION AND SUNNY CROFT

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: CROFT HOUSE ATTACHED EXTENSION AND SUNNY CROFT

List entry Number: 1121033

Location

CROFT HOUSE ATTACHED EXTENSION AND SUNNY CROFT, THE STREET

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: County Durham

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Bowes

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 12-Jan-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Jun-1986

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 111188

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BOWES THE STREET NY 9913 (South side)

Croft house, attached 33/26 extension and Sunny 12.1.67 Croft (Formerly listed as Two houses adjoining GV Bowes and District Working Men's Club on west (a) Croft House II (b) Sunnycroft) Pair of houses and extension. Late C18-early C19; extension dated 1797 on keystone. Squared rubble. Stone-flagged roof and stone chimmey stacks. Croft House with extension to left and Sunny Croft to right.

2 storeys, 3 and 2 bays; flush quoins to left. Probably re-set bolection- moulded stone doorway and replaced door in second bay. Replaced door with flush surround in fourth bay. 4-pane sash in left bay. Canted bay windows flank fourth bay. First floor: blank second bay; four 4-pane sashes in moulded surrounds. Roof with coped left gable and shaped kneeler. End and ridge stacks with top bands and water tables.

2-storey, one-bay extension: pair of boarded doors in segmental archway with flush voussoirs, monolithic jambs and keystone dated 1797; low-pitched roof.

Included for group value.

Listing NGR: NY9952513509

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NY 99525 13509

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1121033 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2018 at 04:37:20.

End of official listing