This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

SIBALDS HOLME

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: SIBALDS HOLME

List entry Number: 1126615

Location

SIBALDS HOLME, 66 AND 67, NORTH BRINK

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: Fenland

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Wisbech

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 19-Nov-1976

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 48396

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following previous listing date shall be added.

Page 82 Item number 7/191 10.2.69

-------------------------------------

WISBECH NORTH BRINK TF 4509 7/191 Nos. 66 and 67 19.11.76 (Sibalds Holme) GV II

House built-possibly in the early C19 and altered by Algenon Peckover in the late C19 by the addition of two three-storey canted bay windows with linking parapets. Symmetrical facade with centre three-storey block flanked by two-storey wings. Local brown brick with stone dressings; slated roofs two stacks. Deep, moulded stone cornice (repeated on wings and iJediinented gables). Giant pilasters at quoins terminating at cornice. Stone, C19 Doric portico with wide three-panelled door and rectangular fanlight. First floor window above door has a moulded stone architrave, second floor window similar with cast-iron railings to balconette. Matching wings each with two hung sash windows and balconettes at first floor. Cast-iron house sign. Interior details intact include staircase and chimneypieces, original doors, with reeded doorcases. Flanking garden wall with brick piers and stone urn finial. Photographs and prints, C18 and C19, W. & F. Mus. Walker and Craddock, History of Wisbech, p.486, 1847. A. Peckover, Watercolours, W. & F. Mus, 1848. VCH Cambs, p.242.

Listing NGR: TF4553409334

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F , The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1953), 242
Walker, N, Craddock, T , The History of Wisbech and the Fens, (1849), 486

National Grid Reference: TF 45534 09334

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1126615 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2018 at 09:41:02.

End of official listing