PINK GERANIUM RESTAURANT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127548

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1985

Statutory Address: PINK GERANIUM RESTAURANT, 25, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PINK GERANIUM RESTAURANT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127548 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 00:13:39.

Location

Statutory Address: PINK GERANIUM RESTAURANT, 25, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Melbourn

National Grid Reference: TL 38169 44793

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MELBOURN STATION ROAD TL 3844 (South west side) 24/205 No. 25 (Pink Geranium Restaurant) GV II

Cottage, now cottage and restaurant. Mid-late C17 extended on garden side late C20. Timber framed, lathe and plaster rendered and long straw thatch roof with original soft red brick axial ridge stack. Small later stack to end away from road. Three bay plan with end to road, and probably a lobby entry, but this has been removed when the cottage was extended in late C20. One storey and attic. Two dormers. Part of the front wall to the garden has been removed during extension. Inside: wall frame and roof are exposed. Framing of uniform and substantial scantling with straight downward bracing, even to partition walls, and somewhat similar to inter alia no. 6 Little Lane (q.v.). Abutting inglenook hearths. The red brick is exposed in part and the rest has been rendered. The roof has paired wind bracing between the principal rafter and the purlin of the chimney bay. In 1842 the property was owner by John Hitch and occupied by Robert Deans.

Dr. D. Mills: Technique of House Repopulation, experience from a Cambs. Village, 1841. (Local Historian, Vol.. 13 No. 2, May 1978).

Listing NGR: TL3816944793

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52258

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Local Historian' in Local Historian, , Vol. 13, (1978)

End of official listing