110, HIGH STREET

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127573

Date first listed: 18-Oct-1985

Statutory Address: 110, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of 110, HIGH STREET
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127573 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 19:52:20.

Location

Statutory Address: 110, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Melbourn

National Grid Reference: TL 37991 44179

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MELBOURN HIGH STREET TL 34 SE (North west side) 9/165 No. 110 GV II

Cottage, formerly stable range associated with No. 108 (Old Manor House) restored and extended c.1740 and mid-C20. Red and burnt brick, Flemish bond with steeply pitched tiled roof, plain eaves cornice and tumbled end parapet to road carried on kneelers. Brick ridge stack rebuilt. End to road. One storey and attic. Originally the principal openings were in the north wall. These have been blocked and the principal front is now on the south side. Four gable dormers. Scattered mid C20 casements with small panes. The end to the road has the initials M.H. (Mary Hatton) in burnt brick headers partly removed by one of two C19, twelve pane hung sashes. The north wall has diaper pattern brickwork and three original window and stable door openings in segmental arches. These openings are now blocked. The stables were probably built by Dame Mary Hatton, widow of Sir John Hatton, who retired to The Old Manor House after the death of her husband in 1740.

V.C.H. Cambs. Vol. VIII

Listing NGR: TL3799144179

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 52216

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Salzman, L F, The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1982)

End of official listing