STABLES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1127805

Date first listed: 31-May-1985

Date of most recent amendment: 01-Nov-1985

Statutory Address: STABLES, 3, SOUTH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1127805 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Dec-2018 at 09:06:01.

Location

Statutory Address: STABLES, 3, SOUTH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: South Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Comberton

National Grid Reference: TL 38168 56188

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

9/42 COMBERTON SOUTH STREET (East Side)

Stables, at No 3 (Cross Farmhouse)

The address shall be amended to read SOUTH STREET (East Side)

No 3 (Stables)

------------------------------------

COMBERTON SOUTH STREET TL 3856 (East Side)

9/42 Stables, at No. 3 (Cross Farmhouse)

GV II

Stables. 1754 and C19. Timber-framed, weatherboarded and clay bat on red and yellow brick plinth with longstraw thatch roof. In six bays. Four stable door openings to yard side. On west side the weatherboarding is probably C17 reused. At south end and adjoining a small C19 barn now a garage. Timber-framed, weatherboarded and thatched. Inside: The stables have reused material, including a brace with the date 1754 and initials T.H. inscribed. The house end and part of one wall has been rebuilt in clay bat.

R.C.H.M. West Cambs., mon.(18)

Listing NGR: TL3816856188

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 51660

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Cambridgeshire West, (1968)

End of official listing