LORD NELSON PUBLIC HOUSE, AND THE NORTH WING

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1129417

Date first listed: 17-Sep-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 10-Nov-1983

Statutory Address: LORD NELSON PUBLIC HOUSE, AND THE NORTH WING, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of LORD NELSON PUBLIC HOUSE, AND THE NORTH WING
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1129417 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 18:13:57.

Location

Statutory Address: LORD NELSON PUBLIC HOUSE, AND THE NORTH WING, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Marshfield

National Grid Reference: ST 78095 73724

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MARSHFIELD C.P. HIGH STREET (east Side) ST 7873 14/70 Lord Nelson Public House, 17.9.52 and the North Wing G.V. (formerly listed as Lord Nelson Inn under Market Place)

II

House, now a public house. Circa 1700. Ashlar; Cotswold stone slate roof with coped raised verges; moulded eaves cornice. 2 storeys and cellars. 3 bays with chanelled end pilasters and moulded string over ground floor. 8 pane glazing bar sash windows in moulded architraves and with panelled aprons. 6 panel door to right, under overlight and in bolection moulded surround, decorative scroll and flower frieze; all under a carved stone shell porch. Further C20 door to right. To the north is an early - mid C19 wing: ashlar, half-hipped slate roof; 2 storeys; 2 bays, glazing bar sash windows, 16-pane to left and bay to right and central C20 door under flat stone hood on brackets. Local example of provincial baroque, possibly incorporating an earlier structure, in an important setting at the end of the village street.

Listing NGR: ST7809573724

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 34483

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing