GRANARY 30 METRES EAST OF SHOTWICKLODGE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1130552

Date first listed: 01-Jun-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 10-Oct-1985

Statutory Address: GRANARY 30 METRES EAST OF SHOTWICKLODGE FARMHOUSE, LODGE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GRANARY 30 METRES EAST OF SHOTWICKLODGE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130552 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 18:34:40.

Location

Statutory Address: GRANARY 30 METRES EAST OF SHOTWICKLODGE FARMHOUSE, LODGE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Shotwick Park

National Grid Reference: SJ3515971376

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 37 SE 4/54 1/6/1967

SHOTWICK PARK CP LODGE LANE (West Side)

Granary 30m east of Shotwicklodge Farmhouse [formerly listed as Shotwick Lodge Farm building (to S of large farm buildings]

II

GV

Granary above stable: probably dated 1653, with later alterations. English garden wall bond orange brick with red sandstone dressings. Welsh slate roof. 2-storey 2-bay south front. Chamfered stone plinth and flush stone quoins. Moulded stone copings, kneelers, and remains of obelisk finials. Has 2 blocked 4-centred arched doorways with stone surrounds, the left one with worn inscription probably reading AD 1653 on lintel. Single small 2-light sliding sash in upper storey. Against right gable is flight of external steps with stone treads. North face has inserted C19 doors and windows. Interior: roof trusses of tiebeam and 2 diagonal struts, with trenched purlins.

Listing NGR: SJ 35159 71376

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 55700

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing