This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

SEMI DERELICT BUILDING AT THE CORNER OF WHITCHURCH ROAD AND ROWTON LANE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: SEMI DERELICT BUILDING AT THE CORNER OF WHITCHURCH ROAD AND ROWTON LANE

List entry Number: 1130640

Location

SEMI DERELICT BUILDING AT THE CORNER OF WHITCHURCH ROAD AND ROWTON LANE, WHITCHURCH ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Cheshire West and Chester

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish: Rowton

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 22-Aug-1984

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 55509

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 4494 6448 ROWTON C P WHITCHURCH ROAD (West Side)

5/60 Semi-derelict building at the corner of Whitchurch Road and Rowton Lane

II

Part of a farmhouse now unused: probably early C17. Red sandstone rubble and a later brick north wall. Thatched roof covered with corrugated iron. 1-storey, 1-bay east front. Small square window towards right side. Interior: replaced purlins and cleft rafters.

There is strong local tradition that it was used as a hospital for the wounded after the battle of Rowton Moor, 1645, fought in the fields surrounding it. The later brick farmhouse that was attached was demolished in the 1950's.

Listing NGR: SJ4494864484

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SJ 44948 64484

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1130640 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2018 at 12:11:50.

End of official listing