TRINITY STREET LODGE ON CORNER OF PARK AVENUE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1134202

Date first listed: 29-Sep-1978

Statutory Address: TRINITY STREET LODGE ON CORNER OF PARK AVENUE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TRINITY STREET LODGE ON CORNER OF PARK AVENUE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1134202 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 21:10:15.

Location

Statutory Address: TRINITY STREET LODGE ON CORNER OF PARK AVENUE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Kirklees (Metropolitan Authority)

National Grid Reference: SE 13824 16886

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

GREENHEAD PARK 1. 5113 Trinity Street Lodge on corner of Park Avenue SE 1316 33/574 II 2. 1884. Rock-faced. Ashlar dressings. One storey and attics. Pitched slate roof, half-hipped. Tile cresting. Cast iron weather-vane on ridge. Bargeboarded gables. Deeply overhanging eaves on wooden brackets. Eaves at east overhang enough to completely cover a 1st floor balcony with turned balusters, itself supported on one-storey canted bay, windows with shaped lintels. One 2-light stone mullioned window with chamfered mullions and shaped lintels on 1st floor. To south of this facade, roof is catslide and comes down over a porch with 4 turned bulbous columns arched to eaves line. On north side is a projecting gable with central chimneybreast in which is set a plaque inscribed "THIS PARK WAS SECURED FOR THE TOWN MAINLY THROUGH THE ACTION OF ALDERMAN THOMAS DENHAM AND WAS OPENED TO THE PUBLIC ON SATURDAY 27th SEPTEMBER 1884 BY ALDERMAN WRIGHT MELLOR JP DL MAYOR OF HUDDERSFIELD", and above this an achievement of arms with the motto "JUVAT IMPIGROS DEUS". 2 narrow windows either side. In re-entrant angle is porch with hipped ark sprocketed roof, deeply overhanging eaves on brackets supported on turned bulbous posts. Attic dormer with hipped roof, modillioned eaves cornice and window with shaped stone lintel.

Listing NGR: SE1382416886

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 339904

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing