ALL SAINTS CHURCH OF ENGLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL WITH CARETAKER'S HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1135230

Date first listed: 05-Sep-1986

Statutory Address: ALL SAINTS CHURCH OF ENGLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL WITH CARETAKER'S HOUSE, CATTLE MARKET STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALL SAINTS CHURCH OF ENGLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL WITH CARETAKER'S HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135230 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2018 at 16:49:13.

Location

Statutory Address: ALL SAINTS CHURCH OF ENGLAND MIDDLE SCHOOL WITH CARETAKER'S HOUSE, CATTLE MARKET STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Otley

National Grid Reference: SE 20291 45785

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CATTLE MARKET STREET 1. 1480 (north side) SE 2045 All Saints Church of England 1/262 Middle School with Caretaker's House II GV 2. Board school with Master's, now Caretaker's,House. Opened 1879, ranges added 1894 and C20. Rock-faced stone; banded grey and green fish-scale slate roof. In Gothic style. Main, south, range single storey, 7 bays with 2-storey Master's House on left of 2 irregular bays; 2-storey 8-bay wing added to rear right; other additions not of special interest. Main range: chamfered plinth, roll- moulded stepped cill band, windows mostly transomed. Master's House: narrow bay on left has triangular-headed doorway with board door and fanlight under hoodmould and 1-light window above; right bay projects as wide canted bay with windows of 3 lights to front and 1 light to sides; roof hipped on left and over canted bay with red crested ridge tiles and front finial; stack to rear and to ridge on right. School: irregular facade. From left: outshut to bays 1 and 2 has triple lancet with colonnettes to bay and roll-moulded, pointed-arched doorway (now window) with stepped hoodmould and gable to bay 2. Bay 3: wider, breaking forward,with pointed-arched window of 5 lights under foiled, traceried oculus with coloured glass, the whole flanked by narrow side lights and under ball- stopped hoodmould; gable above has group of 3 stepped slit vents, kneelers, roll- moulded coping and fleur-de-lis finial. Bay 4, set back: gabled, with triple lancet window as bay 1. Bays 5 and 6: a 3-light window to each bay. Bay 7, projecting: window as bay 3, of 3 lights under sexfoil with coloured glass; hoodmould and gable treatment as bay 3. Roof has red, crested, ridge tiles, bases of 2 louvres, 2 ridge stacks, and above bay 3 a spire with louvred lower stage and elaborate iron weather vane. Right return: 2 low bays; then the taller 2-storeyed wing, in plainer style with cross windows but a similarly treated roof with ridge louvre under pyramidal cap.

Listing NGR: SE2029145785

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 341510

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing