This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

OLD HALL COTTAGES

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: OLD HALL COTTAGES

List entry Number: 1135554

Location

OLD HALL COTTAGES, 1, HEATH COMMON
OLD HALL COTTAGES, 2, HEATH COMMON
OLD HALL COTTAGES, 3, HEATH COMMON

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Wakefield

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Warmfield cum Heath

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 27-Aug-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 342392

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 3519 and SE 3520 WARMFIELD-CUM-HEATH HEATH COMMON (west side) 6/87 Nos 1, 2 and 3 Old Hall Cottages

II

Farmbuilding associated with Heath Old Hall now 3 dwellings. Late C16 with late C18 and mid-C20 alteration. Large well-coursed gritstone, stone slate roof. 2 storeys. Five 1st-floor windows. Slightly off-centre cart-entry (now doorway) with large segmental-arched lintel. To either side an inserted doorway and window with monolithic lintels and sills. Continuous dripcourse. 1st floor has 2-centred pointed-arched windows, altered glazing. Coped gables with kneelers and finial to apexes. Single ridge stack. Rear has original Tudor-arched doorway, 2 other inserted doorway and 5 windows with 4 pointed- arched windows to 1st floor. Right-hand return has original 3-light double- chamfered mullioned window to 1st floor with hoodmould. The upper storey was used as schoolroom by nuns between 1791 and 1821.



Listing NGR: SE3519820176

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: SE 35198 20176

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1135554 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Aug-2018 at 01:42:19.

End of official listing