PENCREBAR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1136279

Date first listed: 26-Nov-1985

Statutory Address: PENCREBAR HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PENCREBAR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1136279 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Dec-2018 at 01:03:58.

Location

Statutory Address: PENCREBAR HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Callington

National Grid Reference: SX 35406 68257

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 36 NE CALLINGTON

8/11 Pencrebar House

GV II

House, 1849, for William David Horndon. Stuccoed with moulded granite plinth and moulded strings above ground floor and first floor. Slate roof with triple gable projections on south, double gable on west and gable ends on north. Rendered axial stachs. Main range in 'U' shape plan with shallow projecting wings on north. Wing to north east extended circa 1860s and 'L' shape outbuildings erected to north and west, adjoining projecting wings, to form courtyard plan. Gothic style. South Garden front asymmetrical although regular. 2 storeys, attic and cellar. Triple gable 3 window front. Left-hand side with bay window projection continued from ground floor to above first floor. Canted bay window with ovolo-moulded mullion and transom windows. To right, 2 6-light ovolo-moulded and transom windows. First floor with similar, slightly shorter window. In gabled projections, 2 4-light cross windows with a 6-light similar window on the right. '1849' in rainwater hood on left and 'WDH' on right. Left, west elevation, asymmetrical 4 window front. Left-hand side set back with corbelled stack projections between 2 ground floor and 2 first floor ovolo-moulded cross windows. To right, entrance near centre of elevation. Pointed arch with double panelled doors. W and H in spandrels with separate shields and ribbons. Above ovolo-moulded cross window with small slit above in gable end. To right, WDH in rainwater hood. Canted and window with moulded base. String above rises over window to form hoodmould. Ovolo-moulded cross window above in gable end. Entrance in east with granite surround to Tudor arch. Courtyard buildings; single storey, stone rubble with slate roof. Interior; many of chimney pieces removed. Open well staircase with closed string. Open screen of square piers to upper landing. Built on site of Mansion of Crebar. In 1926 the house was sold to Isaac Foot and was the home of the Foot family until 1960.

Listing NGR: SX3540668257

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 61212

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing