LEY AND DANIEL CHEST TOMBS AT APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST MADDERN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1137116
Date first listed:
07-Sep-1988
Statutory Address:
LEY AND DANIEL CHEST TOMBS AT APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST MADDERN

Map

Ordnance survey map of LEY AND DANIEL CHEST TOMBS AT APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST MADDERN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137116 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 21:17:48.

Location

Statutory Address:
LEY AND DANIEL CHEST TOMBS AT APPROXIMATELY 5 METRES SOUTH OF CHURCH OF ST MADDERN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Madron
National Grid Reference:
SW 45352 31795

Details

MADRON MADRON SW 43 SE 7/157 Ley and Daniel chest tombs at - approximately 5 metres south of Church of St Maddern GV II 2 chest tombs. C18 and early C19. North chest: to Daniel Ley of Penzance, died 1806 aged 54. Granite ashlar with incised slate inset to north side. Rectangular plan, moulded lid. South chest to: Alexander Daniel, died 1668 and George Daniel, Gent (son), donor of adjoining free school, died 1716 (repaired by trustees 1780,1818 and 1858). Granite monolithic sides, moulded granite lid and incised slate inset to lid. Rectangular plan.

Listing NGR: SW4535231793

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
70503
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/08185/16
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Sue Attridge. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].