DULOE MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1137781

Date first listed: 18-Dec-1985

Statutory Address: DULOE MANOR

Map

Ordnance survey map of DULOE MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1137781 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2018 at 06:28:29.

Location

Statutory Address: DULOE MANOR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Duloe

National Grid Reference: SX 23926 57929

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SX 25 NW DULOE DULOE

3/29 Duloe Manor - II

Rectory, subdivided into flats. Circa 1692 for Fincher. Extended and almost totally remodelled in late C18 and circa 1840s. Wing added on north in circa 1870s. Stone rubble with slate roof with hipped end on left, hipped end to shallow projecting wing on right and gable ends to rear with central valley. Slate-hung rear elevation. 2 axial brick chimney stacks. Original plan probably 2 rooms heated by rear lateral stacks with central through passage. Extended to rear in circa 1840s and remodelled to form double depth plan with wide central stairhall. Further wing added on north end in circa 1870s. 2 storeys. Symmetrical 5-window east front. Ground floor with four 12-pane sashes with horns beneath segmental arched openings. Central C19 4-panel door with top lights glazed and fanlight above. Late C19 glazed porch on rendered base. Above five 12-pane sashes with horns. Dentilled cornice. To right, circa 1870s wing, slightly projecting forward. Ground floor with glazed double doors. 12-pane sash above. Slate-hung to rear elevation. Interior Although divided into flats, much of the cornices, plasterwork etc. have remained intact. Open string circa 1840s stair with moulded wreathed rail and square balusters. Segmental hall arch on fluted pilasters, blocked. Barrel vaulted tunnels lead from stair hall to north wing on ground and first floor. Flanked by chimney flues to fireplaces of front and rear rooms. Room on south, study of Rev. Robert Scott, co-author of Liddell and Scott's Greek Lexicon, published in 1843. An avenue of lime trees continues eastward from the front elevation.

Listing NGR: SX2349858183

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 60686

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing