LADOCK HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1141121

Date first listed: 17-Oct-1984

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Nov-1985

Statutory Address: LADOCK HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LADOCK HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141121 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 09:06:55.

Location

Statutory Address: LADOCK HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Ladock

National Grid Reference: SW 89449 50920

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

LADOCK SW 85 SE 1/13 Ladock House -

- II The description shall be amended to read:-

Rectory, now house. Built in 1832 by the Rev Henry Ware. Stucco over rubble with granite dressings, slate roof and brick chimneys. Overall U-shaped plan with 2 reception rooms facing garden (south), further reception room behind left hand room, stair hall behind right hand room, with side (east) entrance and service wings behind to either side. Classical style 2 storeys. 4 window south front. Granite plinth with round ventilation holes under windows. Semi-circular arched window recesses to ground floor with granite string at impost level. First floor has granite string at sill level broken forward with aprons. Raised plain architraves, sashes with glazing bars. Wide projecting eaves over paired brackets. Hipped scantle slate roof over. East entrance front similar to south front for one bay but with blind windows. Granite Tuscan porch (now glazed) with paired brackets in cornice attached to 2-storey curved stair projection with sash over. Three window 3-storey service wing to right with 16-paned sashes on ground and first floor with 12-paned sashes to second floor all in plain surrounds. 2 storey west front with curved bay to left and Victorian bay window in ground floor to right. Granite quoins are rusticated and in the form of pilasters. Interior has cantilevered stone staircase with iron balusters by Harvey. Most early C19 detail survives including stone floor to vestibule, doors, architraves, shutters, plaster cornices and plaster vaults over inner vestibule on two floors. The house was bought by the Church when the Reverend Henry Ware died in 1842, aged 36; and extended in 1850 by Canon Wise, the then Rector.

Historical information supplied by Mr Geoffrey Holborow, who with Lady Mary Holborow has restored the house and garden since 1966.

------------------------------------

LADOCK SW 85 SE 1/13 Ladock House

GV II

Rectory, now house. Built in 1832 by the Rev. Henry Ware. Stucco over rubble with granite dressings, slate roof and brick chimneys. U-shaped, classical style. 2 storeys with entrance and 3 storey service wing to right. 4 windowed west front. Granite plinth with round ventilation holes under windows. Semi-circular arched window recesses to ground floor with granite string at impost level. First floor has granite string at sill level broken forward with aprons. Raised plain architraves, sashes. Wide projecting eaves over paired brackets. Hipped scantle slate roof over. South entrance front similar to west front for one bay but with blind windows. Granite Tuscan porch (now glazed) with paired brackets in cornice attached to 2-curved stair projection with sash over. 3 storey service wing with 3 windows to right 16-paned sashes on ground and first floor with 12-paned sashes to second floor all in plain surrounds. 2 storey north front with curved bay to left and Victorian bay window in ground floor to right. Granite quoins are rusticated and in the form of pilasters. Interior has cantilevered stone staircase with iron balusters by Harvey. Most early C19 detail survives including stone floor to vestibule, doors, architraves, shutters, plaster cornices and plaster vaults over inner vestibule on two floors. Date supplied by owner.

Listing NGR: SW8944950922

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 62722

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing