BELLROCK HOTEL AND ATTACHED WALL AND RAILINGS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1141214

Date first listed: 06-Apr-1959

Date of most recent amendment: 14-Dec-1992

Statutory Address: BELLROCK HOTEL AND ATTACHED WALL AND RAILINGS, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of BELLROCK HOTEL AND ATTACHED WALL AND RAILINGS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1141214 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2018 at 05:22:40.

Location

Statutory Address: BELLROCK HOTEL AND ATTACHED WALL AND RAILINGS, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Isles of Scilly (Unitary Authority)

Parish: St. Mary's

National Grid Reference: SV 90523 10523

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST. MARY'S

SV9010 CHURCH STREET, Hugh Town 1358-0/8/47 (South side) 06/04/59 Bellrock Hotel and attached walls and railings (Formerly Listed as: CHURCH STREET, Hugh Town (South side) Bell Rock Hotel And Bell Rock Hotel on West)

GV II

House, now hotel. Early C19 with mid C20 additions and external details. Granite rubble with aggregate render; green cement tile roof and rendered ridge and end stacks. Double-depth plan. 2 storeys with attics; original 3-window range front to left (east) has quoins to left and 6/6-pane sashes; 2-window range west wing, heightened in C20 from single storey to 2 storey, has C20 six/six-pane and 8/8-pane sashes,C20 part-glazed doors in quoined surround, quoins to left and plat band. C20 hipped dormers with sashes. Interior:6-fielded-panelled doors set in moulded architraves; moulded shutter boxes and architraves to windows. Fine, possibly reset, fanlight with 1780s leadwork and glazed sunburst lights and outer band of roundels with florets and swags; early C19 anthemion detail applied on one side only suggests re-use of whole light in this position, with Greek revival pilasters below. Hall has Vitruvian scroll and anthemion cornice. Dog-leg staircase with swept string, mahogany handrail and simple turned newel posts from basement to attics. Room at east with simple reeded cornice, black polished marble fireplace, long drawn-out scroll brackets and deep shelf. Subsidsiary features: coursed and dressed granite forecourt walls surmounted by spear-headed railings interrupted by urn finials.

Listing NGR: SV9052310523

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 62487

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing