This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

FORMER FARMHOUSE AND BARN KNOWN AS BILLY YARD, NORTH WEST OF BRANTHWAITE HOUSE

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: FORMER FARMHOUSE AND BARN KNOWN AS BILLY YARD, NORTH WEST OF BRANTHWAITE HOUSE

List entry Number: 1144472

Location

FORMER FARMHOUSE AND BARN KNOWN AS BILLY YARD NORTH WEST OF BRANTHWAITE HOUSE, BILLY YARD
FORMER FARMHOUSE AND BARN KNOWN AS BILLY YARD, NORTH WEST OF BRANTHWAITE HOUSE, BILLY YARD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: Allerdale

District Type: District Authority

Parish: Caldbeck

National Park: LAKE DISTRICT

Grade: II

Date first listed: 03-Jan-1986

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 72352

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NY 23 NE CALDBECK Branthwaite

12/44 Former farmhouse and barn Known as Billy Yard, north-west of Branthwaite House

II

Former farmhouse and adjoining barn. Dated and inscribed over cross-passage entrance I.M.S 1693. Mixed limestone and cobble rubble on large projecting plinth stones. Roof removed on house; graduated greenslate and Welsh slate over barn. 2-storey, 3-bay house with lower barn to right. Cross-passage entrance has stone architrave with inscribed lintel. Later central entrance with surround removed. Chamfered-surround windows, 2 on upper floor with stone mullions and one blocked. Small ground-floor fire window to right. Barn has 3 chamfered entrances and lofts, all under Tudor arches. Interior of house has stone heck partition and wooden firebeam. Settle back inscribed and dated IS 1660 (Scott), now removed, may indicate the house is mid C17. Derelict and unoccupied at time of survey.

Listing NGR: NY2978737305

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NY 29787 37305

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1144472 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2018 at 08:30:04.

End of official listing