This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1151456



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.


District: Doncaster

District Type: Metropolitan Authority

Parish: Burghwallis

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 23-Mar-1988

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 334930

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


BURGHNALLIS GRANGE LANE SE 51 SW (south side, off)

3/66 The Old Rectory and St. Anthony's GV II Rectory now 3 dwellings. Rebuilt 1815 by J. P. Pritchett and Charles Watson (Colvin p665). Roughcast brick, C20 tile and Welsh slate roofs. The Old Rectory: 2 storeys and attics, 3 x 2 bays; shallower wing set back on left (St. Anthony's) is of 3 storeys and 5 bays. The Old Rectory: plinth. Central, single-store, porch with angled corners and double part-glazed doors beneath fanlight with radial glazing bars; pedimented gable. Outer bays have projecting sills to tall sashes with glazing bars. 1st floor: shorter sashes with glazing bars, the central sash of 16 panes. Eaves cornice and broad gable copings surmounted by corniced end stacks an each roof slope; similar central ridge stack. Right return: French window on left, other bays on each floor have blind window recesses; pedimented gable with glazed oculus in tympanum. St. Anthony's (of less interest) has central wooden porch with 16-pane sash on left and with glazed door and small casement beyond; tall sash with glazing bars on right with door and small casement beyond. Sashes with glazing bars to 1st floor; 6-pane sashes to 2nd floor. Rebuilt brick end stack on left and similar central ridge stack. Blind windows on left return.

H. Colvin, A Biographical Dictionary of British Architects 1600-1840, 1978 ed.

Listing NGR: SE5373112072

Selected Sources

Books and journals
Colvin, H M, A Biographical Dictionary of British Architects 1600-1840, (1978)

National Grid Reference: SE 53730 12071


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151456 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2018 at 04:22:10.

End of official listing