SHAHJAMAL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1151520
Date first listed:
21-Oct-1976
Date of most recent amendment:
11-Jan-1988
Statutory Address:
SHAHJAMAL, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SHAHJAMAL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1151520 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jul-2019 at 02:16:02.

Location

Statutory Address:
SHAHJAMAL, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Doncaster (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Rossington
National Grid Reference:
SK 62416 98403

Details

SK69NW ROSSINGTON STATION ROAD (south side) 7/71 Shahjamal (formerly 21st October 1976 listed as Rectory and as on Bridge Hills Lane) GV II Rectory now private house. Built 1801 as a school; became rectory in 1804. By William Lindley (Magilton p63). Stuccoed brick, Welsh slate roof. 2 storeys, 1:3:1 x 5 bays. Plinth. Central 3 bays break forward and have central, 2-storey segmental-arched recess with 6-panel door and 3-pane overlight in architrave beneath cornice on consoles and stone-architraved window above. French window with 8-pane overlight to ground-floor bay 1, otherwise sashes with glazing bars and projecting stone sills. Cornice rising over centre as 3-bay pediment; hipped roof with end stacks. Rear: canted 1-storey bay window on right; unequally-hung 15-pane sashes in flush wooden architraves to ground floor; central 3-bay pediment. Left return: central entrance as front but with overlight having radial glazing bars. Interior: not inspected. J. Magilton, The Doncaster district an archaeological survey, 1977.

Listing NGR: SK6241698403

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
334772
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Magilton, J , Doncaster District an Archaeological Survey, (1977)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/08888/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Clayton. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].