THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1153284
Date first listed:
04-Jun-1952
Statutory Address:
THE MANOR HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1153284 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 20:07:21.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE MANOR HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Cotswold (District Authority)
Parish:
Driffield
National Grid Reference:
SP0698100422

Details

DRIFFIELD HARNHILL SP 00 SE 4/35 The Manor House 4.6.52 GV II Country house. Partly dating from late C16, refronted early C18. Rubble stone faced in roughcast on south-east with parapet and cornice and small central pediment, stone slate roof with stone end stack to main range, scattered stone stacks elsewhere. Large main range to south-east with rear wings and smaller, probably oldest wing to right. Main front of 2 storeys, 4 windows on first floor, three 12-pane sashes and one twin 4-pane sash. Ground floor has five 18-pane sashes. All windows with moulded stone architraves, dropped keystone and small cornice. Door to left of centre of 6 fielded panels with 3-light fanlight and elaborate broken pediment on consoles with shield bearing date "ANNO/1584". Similar windows on left hand return of main range with one 2-light stone mullion and transom to each floor of rear wing. Right hand return has small single attic light, stone framed with dripmould. Right hand wing has small gable with 2-light stone mullion and hoodmould and 3-light below. Interior: oak-panelled hall, C18 marble fireplace in ground floor room on left, most of the original joinery remains.

Listing NGR: SP0698100422

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
129332
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/05295/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr George Gains. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].