CHARITY FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1154117

Date first listed: 04-Jul-1960

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Sep-1987

Statutory Address: CHARITY FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHARITY FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154117 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 23:39:34.

Location

Statutory Address: CHARITY FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Gloucestershire

District: Tewkesbury (District Authority)

Parish: Stanton

National Grid Reference: SP 07154 34272

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

STANTON STANTON VILLAGE SP 0634-0734 11/84 Charity Farmhouse (formerly listed as Charity Farm) 4.7.60 II Former farmhouse, now house. Probably C17, altered C19, enlarged 1922 by and for Sir P. Stott (datestone). Coursed, squared stone: timber-framing with rendered infill; stone slate roof. Three- bay, 1 1/2 storey main section: 3-bay, single storey extension to left, 2-storey cross wing behind. Entrance front: part-height straight joint on right near corner: single-storey canted bay, 3- light casement, hipped roof. Half-glazed door up one stone step, marginal lights, 2 panels below. Three-light stone-mullioned windows. Above, parapet gable on right, ashlar chimney, moulded cap: 3 gabled dormers, each with 3-light casements. Chimney from eaves left end, left gable rendered over timber-framing. To left, lower wing: canted single-storey bay, 3-light mullioned window, hipped roof. Boarded door up 5 stone steps, 4-centred arch, stone lintel. Gabled dormer with 2-light casement; parapet gable left end. Right return, lower part covered by late C20 conservatory, not of special interest. Covers 2-light Perpendicular window said to be from Hailes Abbey. Interior: stone-paved entrance hall, timber-framed cross walls. Wide stone fireplace, timber lintel in room to right: exposed beam and bar-stop chamfered joists. Exposed unchamfered joists room to left. House of Miss E. Wedgwood, visited by J.M. Barrie, Sargent and H.G. Wells. (T. Edwards, in Country Life, 1952)

Listing NGR: SP0715434272

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 134868

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Country Life' in Country Life, (1952)

End of official listing