THE WOODCLYFFE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1154877

Date first listed: 23-Dec-1983

Statutory Address: THE WOODCLYFFE HALL, 56, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE WOODCLYFFE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1154877 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 19:55:14.

Location

Statutory Address: THE WOODCLYFFE HALL, 56, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wokingham (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Wargrave

National Grid Reference: SU7853178632

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 7878 16/18

WARGRAVE HIGH STREET (west side) No.56 (The Woodclyffe Hall)

G.V. II

Meeting hall. 1901-2 by Cole A. Adams. Brick and stone ground floor, pebble dashed, coloured and decorated rendering above, gabled tiled roof with large bargeboard and dropped finial, wood louvred bell tower on ridge set back, with zinc covered ogee roof, plain weather vane surmounting, on vertical tile hung base. One and a half storeys. Road front: large central 5 bay oriel with leaded lights over ground floor, centre and end bays semi-circular with moulded transome and moulded dentilled cornice and the letters "The Woodclyffe Hall" on the apron. Ground floor a 5-light leaded window with stone mullions in centre under oriel and glazed red brick panel under. Entrances either side in recessed openings with moulded stone pointed arched porches, stone steps; pair of 6-panelled entrance doors on right, one single panelled door and single leaded window on left side. V.C.H. Vol.III p.191. B.O.E. (Berkshire) p.257.

Listing NGR: SU7853178632

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 41346

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Ditchfield, P H, Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Berkshire, (1906), 191
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Berkshire, (1966), 257

End of official listing