BAPTIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1157430

Date first listed: 10-Apr-1954

Statutory Address: BAPTIST CHAPEL, CHAPEL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BAPTIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1157430 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 03:37:24.

Location

Statutory Address: BAPTIST CHAPEL, CHAPEL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Worcestershire

District: Redditch (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SP 04180 62198

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

REDDITCH B CHAPEL ROAD (north side) SP 06 SW Astwood Bank

4/26 Baptist Chapel

10.4.54

- II

Baptist chapel. Dated 1822. Red brick, slate roof with decorative ridge tiles. Rectangular plan. Two storeys and attic. South end entrance elevation: three bays; windows have stepped voussoirs; three first floor 4-pane sashes; left ground floor window is blind and right ground floor window has a C20 casement; central entrance has a wide square-headed arch- way with moulded cornice, entablature and pilastered surround with panelled reveals and opening into a small vestibule; the vestibule has a 4-pane sash window with a moulded architrave facing the entrance arch and a 6-panelled door either side, each having a transom light with two glazing bars. There is a band at eaves level forming a pedimented gable with urn finials at both lower corners and containing a lunette with moulded architrave on which is written "ERECTED 1822". Side elevations of five bays; windows have cambered heads and are of three lights. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SP0418062198

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 156502

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing