TRENEWTH HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1158053

Date first listed: 28-May-1987

Statutory Address: TRENEWTH HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TRENEWTH HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158053 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Nov-2018 at 11:26:26.

Location

Statutory Address: TRENEWTH HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Michaelstow

National Grid Reference: SX0798278322

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MICHAELSTOW SX 07 NE 6/111 Trenewth House - 28.5.87 II

House. 1875 (datestone). Built for J Gatley. Snecked stone rubble with granite dressings. Steeply pitched slate roof with gable ends to front right and left. Crested ridge tiles. Rendered axial stacks. Lower service range to rear of stone rubble with slate roof. Plan: Earlier range to rear comprising circa C18 1-room plan cottage. The house was built abutting this cottage which then became the service range. House of overall rectangular plan with entrance in early to mid C20 porch on left. Wide corridor runs across house from left to right with stair at far right. 3 main reception rooms on front heated by axial stacks, and overlooking the garden. Earlier cottage to rear converted in circa 1875 to become kitchen with servants accommodation above. High Victorian Gothic style. Exterior : 2 storeys, attic and basement. Symmetrical 1:2:1 window front with hood moulds to ground and first floor windows. Right and left hand sides set slightly forward with gable ends; 4-light mullion and transom windows with leaded lights on ground floor, tripartite sashes on first and triangular headed windows to attic. Central range has 2 4-pane sashes on ground and first floors. Porch to left rebuilt in early to mid C20; rendered with flat roof. Stair window in right hand side with 2-centred arched opening. 2-window front to earlier C18 cottage on rear with 12 and 16-pane sashes. Interior largely complete with moulded cornices, contemporary doors and doorcases, open string stair and chimneypieces. Particularly unaltered large Victorian house with complete interior. Site originally held by family of Trenowth, passing by 1539 to John Brode. In 1725 passed to John Phillips and then to John Gatley. THe old farmhouse, now derelict is situated in the farmyard to the north. Maclean, Sir John Parochial and Family History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall 1879

Listing NGR: SX0798278322

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 68553

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Maclean, J, Parochial and Family History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall, (1879)

End of official listing