IFORD MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1158288

Date first listed: 19-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: IFORD MANOR

Map

Ordnance survey map of IFORD MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158288 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 09:50:03.

Location

Statutory Address: IFORD MANOR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Westwood

National Grid Reference: ST 80060 58922

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST 85 NW (inset on ST 75 NE) 5/41

FRESHFORD C.P. IFORD Iford Manor

G.V. II*

Manor House. Late C15th or C16th; remodelled c.1725-30; and restored 1899 onwards by Harold Peto as his own house. Ashlar; hipped slate roof behind balustraded parapet which is ramped up at ends. Moulded cornice. Rusticated end pilasters. 3 storeys. 5 bays. Glazing bar sash windows in architraves and under pediments on consoles (on ground and first floors); segmental pediment over central first floor window. Central panelled door; under segmental pediment, bolection moulded doorcase. 2 storey, 2 window wing to left with hipped Cotswold stone slate roof (formerly a matelising wing to right). Side (south-east) elevation. Rear portion to right: 2 steep stone gables; 4-light king mullion casement window on ground floor with ogee/hollow moulded mullions and surrounds; early C19th French windows, under drip moulds, on first floor; and 2-light casements with ovolo moulded mullions and under drip moulds in gables. To left is projecting, 1 storey, 3 bay arcaded loggia by Peto: Ionic columns and medallions in spandrels. At far right is single storey attached conservatory: pilasters; plain entablature and glazing bar sash windows. To rear of house is enclosed courtyard with 2 storey service wings of C18th and C19th (all included). Interior. Dining Hall (south-east room): finely carved C16th ashlar fireplace with 4-centred arch lintel, panelled jambs and spandrels with cusped heads; C17th panelling: C18th panelled room to north of Dining Hall (Dean's Parlour): and another immediately above Dining Hall; Regency staircase; Drawing Room; panelled plaster ceiling and cornice, incorporating C15th and C16th Continental painted panels (by Peto). Peto incorporated many fragments of sculpture and architecture in the house and particularly the grounds of Iford Manor.

Listing NGR: ST8006058922

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 32316

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing