SMALL SHELTER 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF GARROW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1158652
Date first listed:
11-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
SMALL SHELTER 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF GARROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of SMALL SHELTER 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF GARROW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158652 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 14:20:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
SMALL SHELTER 15 METRES SOUTH WEST OF GARROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
St. Breward
National Grid Reference:
SX1457777982

Details

ST BREWARD SX 17 NW 6/165 Small shelter 15 metres south - west of Garrow

GV II

Small shelter of uncertain purpose. Circa C19 or earlier. Granite rubble. Plan: Roughly circular plan, built into the side of a bank. Exterior: Low shelter, built into a bank to rear with low rectangular front entrance. Roughly corbelled granite rubble roof and earth floor. The building has partly collapsed. Illustration of building in Sir John Maclean's [Parochial and Family History of The Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall,] 1875.



Listing NGR: SX1457777982

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
67429
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Maclean, J, Parochial and Family History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall, (1879)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Reference: IOE01/06887/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Susan Hambly. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].