SHIPPON ADJOINING PIGGERY AT APPROX. 10M NORTH WEST OF CARMINOWE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1158793

Date first listed: 22-Jun-1987

Statutory Address: SHIPPON ADJOINING PIGGERY AT APPROX. 10M NORTH WEST OF CARMINOWE FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of SHIPPON ADJOINING PIGGERY AT APPROX. 10M NORTH WEST OF CARMINOWE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158793 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 08:18:52.

Location

Statutory Address: SHIPPON ADJOINING PIGGERY AT APPROX. 10M NORTH WEST OF CARMINOWE FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Mawgan-in-Meneage

National Grid Reference: SW6648923995

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 62 SE MAWGAN-IN-MENEAGE

3/123 Shippon adjoining piggery at - approx. 10m north west of Carminowe Farmhouse GV II

Shippon. Circa 1860. Shale rubble with dressed granite quoins, jambstones and lintels and incorporating some reused dressed medieval and C17 stonework from the former Carminowe Manor complex. Grouted scantle slate roof, adjoining wall of barn left and with gable end right. Rectangular plan with 3 entrances to front communicating with barn, left and with entrance in right hand gable and for access from farmhouse without entering farmyard. Presumably mangers at rear and drain along front (south) behind standings. Single storey. South front with central doorway, doorway towards either end and slit ventilators midway between. Original ledged doors right and left. Central doorway partly blocked and fitted with reused 7 pane window. The ventilation slits are trefoil-headed (reused). At the right-hand (east) gable end is doorway left and window right. The reused wide nearly round headed chamfered and diagonal stopped dressed stone doorway is probably C17, fitted with original circa 1860 V-jointed ledged door with ornate iron handle and internal hinges. The reused straight chamfered 2 light mullioned window with intermediate bars is also probably C17 but trefoil headed ventilation slit over is probably earlier, also reused. Rear not inspected but presumably has some window openings. Carminowe was an important manor from the C17. Interior not inspected. Part of a planned group of farm buildings and virtually complete as built and with the enhanced interest of the reused fragments.

Listing NGR: SW6648923995

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 65287

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing