THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1158948
Date first listed:
27-Jul-1984
Statutory Address:
THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1158948 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 06:44:48.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD SCHOOL HOUSE, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Hartington Town Quarter
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SK 12880 60485

Details

SK 12 60 PARISH OF HARTINGTON TOWN QUARTER CHURCH STREET 12/113 (North Side) The Old School House GV II

Schoolhouse, now dwelling. 1758. Coursed limestone and gritstone rubble with gritstone dressings and quoins. Plain tile roof. Stone gable end stack with plain banding to west, Two storeys, two bays. Central quoined doorcase with bracketed stone hood. Lintel inscribed 'The Old School House'. To either side, 2-light flush mullion windows, both with new mullions and plank shutters. Square leaded lights with top hung casements,possibly contemporary. Above, two similar, but shallower, windows to eaves with diamond leaded lights. Between, stone plaque with moulded top and base inscribed 'RE 1758'.

Listing NGR: SK1288060485

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
80543
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Aug 2000
Reference: IOE01/02864/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Peter Karry. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].