ROUNDWOOD FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1159170

Date first listed: 12-Mar-1986

Statutory Address: ROUNDWOOD FARMHOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of ROUNDWOOD FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1159170 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 23:32:05.

Location

Statutory Address: ROUNDWOOD FARMHOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Feock

National Grid Reference: SW8361140514

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SW 84 SW FEOCK

2/15 Roundwood Farmhouse

GV II

Farmhouse. Circa early C19 to an archaic design or remodelled from earlier house. For R.A. Daniell. Painted slatestone rubble walls. Tiled roof with brick chimneys over gable ends and external stone lateral stack to front. 3-room through passage plan plus C20 1-room addition to each end, the centre room heated from front lateral stack, and the end rooms heated from gable ends stacks. 2 storeys. Excluding C20 flat roofed bay at each end; east front, overlooking Cowlands Creek, has 4 windows to first floor directly over ground floor openings. Original doorway in second from left opening has C20 bowed porch with curved panes to sidelights. Lateral stack is between third and fourth windows. First floor windows are early C19 tripartite casements with central 12-pane side opening lights and 4- paned sidelights. All with mostly original crown glass. Ground floor windows are later 12-pane 2-light casements. Interior is simple with early C19 4-panel doors surviving to first floor rooms. A reference to this house in The West Briton of 31st July, 1818 reads: "At invitation of R.A. Daniell a numerous party of ladies and gents of Truro to dine at the beautiful cottage lately erected by him at Roundwood...". It is said that Thomas Daniell who remodelled Trelissick House circa 1825, lost Trelissick to Lord Falmouth by gambling and then came to live at Roundwood. It is certainly recorded that Trelissick Estate was sold to Lord Falmouth in 1832, but Daniell emigrated in 1832, the same year that the house, quay and 9 acres of land were advertised to let by Lord Falmouth in the West Briton. West Briton information from 'Roundwood Quay on the Fal' by R.C. Curtis.

Listing NGR: SW8361140514

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 63303

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Curtis, R C, Roundwood Quay on the Fal
'The West Briton' in The West Briton, (1818)

End of official listing