TIMBER-CUTTING BUILDING AND OFFICE APPROX.20 METRES SOUTH OF COUNT HOUSE AT KING EDWARD MINE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1159182

Date first listed: 12-Sep-1989

Statutory Address: TIMBER-CUTTING BUILDING AND OFFICE APPROX.20 METRES SOUTH OF COUNT HOUSE AT KING EDWARD MINE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TIMBER-CUTTING BUILDING AND OFFICE APPROX.20 METRES SOUTH OF COUNT HOUSE AT KING EDWARD MINE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1159182 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 11:53:41.

Location

Statutory Address: TIMBER-CUTTING BUILDING AND OFFICE APPROX.20 METRES SOUTH OF COUNT HOUSE AT KING EDWARD MINE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cornwall (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Camborne

National Grid Reference: SW 66339 38917

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CAMBORNE SW 63 NE 8/5 Timber-cutting building and office approx.20 metres south of Count House at King Edward Mine

II* GV Timber-cutting building, stores and office. Built by Camborne School of Mines between 1900 and 1909; restoration in progress at time of survey (1988). Mostly weather-boarded timber frame, but with some brick, raised on a concrete plinth, and with slurried slate roofs on slightly differing levels. L-shaped plan composed of timber cutting range on east-west axis, with office forming south wing at west end. All single storey; the western half of the main range, of 7 bays facing north, has a doorway in the 7th bay and large 6-pane windows in the other bays; at the left end the coped gable of a fire-proof cross wall breaks through the roof, and beyond this is one more bay in matching style; to the east of this a lower continuation of the range, containing the stores, has a similar cross wall breaking through the roof, and the only openings are 2 low-set small square windows beyond this. The office wing, of 3 bays, has 3 windows in the side walls, and the entrance in the south gable by a raised doorway at the right-hand corner, with double-doors approached by a flight of concrete steps. Rear: 4-bay addition in angle, parallel with main range, with a door to the 1st bay and 2-light windows, roof hipped at west end; a doorway to each part of the stores, with 12-pane windows. Interior not inspected. The item forms part of a uniquely complete set of turn-of-the-century tin mining buildings on this site. Reference: A.W.Brooks, op.cit.

Listing NGR: SW6633938917

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 66550

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Camborne School of Mines Journal' in Camborne School of Mines Journal, ()

End of official listing