THE THREE CROWNS, WITH STABLE BLOCK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1159327
Date first listed:
21-Jun-1955
Statutory Address:
THE THREE CROWNS, WITH STABLE BLOCK

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE THREE CROWNS, WITH STABLE BLOCK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1159327 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 05:40:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE THREE CROWNS, WITH STABLE BLOCK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Buckinghamshire
District:
Wycombe (District Authority)
Parish:
Princes Risborough
National Grid Reference:
SP 81608 05204

Details

SP 80 NW PRINCES RISBOROUGH ASKETT

2/132 The Three Crowns, with Stable Block 21.6.55

GV II

Public house with attached stable block, now part garages. Circa 1830. House is of red and vitreous brick with boarded eaves, hipped slate roof, brick chimney to left, and 2 rendered chimneys to right. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Ground floor outer bays have canted bay windows with sashes. 4-pane sashes with gauged heads to first floor. 4 stone steps with wrought iron railings up to central door with radiating fanlight and semi-circular gauged brick arch. Stable block at right angles to right is of flint with brick dressings, weatherboarded upper gable and old tile roof. One storey, 4 bays. Slatted window to left, stable door in second bay, 2 garage doors to right.

Listing NGR: SP8160805204

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
46403
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/09898/35
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Christopher J. Mettem. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].