EVANS MONUMENT, 210 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST HELEN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1159328
Date first listed:
29-Apr-1988
Statutory Address:
EVANS MONUMENT, 210 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST HELEN, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of EVANS MONUMENT, 210 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST HELEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1159328 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Jul-2019 at 15:28:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
EVANS MONUMENT, 210 METRES WEST OF CHURCH OF ST HELEN, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Redcar and Cleveland (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
NZ5457118752

Details

NZ 51 NW (NZ 545 187) 6/5

ESTON CHURCH LANE, west side (off)

Evans monument, 210m west of Church of St. Helen

II

Monument to Jane and David Evans, died 1902 and 1905. Marble Ionic column on plain square pedestal and base, flanked by benches with curved ends. Column has husk garlands under capital, and relief carving of mourning female figure on shaft. Moulded coping to back-rests of benches, terminating in draped scrolled consoles on square shafts. Epitaph on pedestal and base.

Listing NGR: NZ5457118752

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
60248
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 May 2004
Reference: IOE01/11888/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alan Bradley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].