MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1200537
Date first listed:
03-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE, HIGH STREET

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1200537.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Apr-2021 at 22:19:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
MANOR HOUSE, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Bramham cum Oglethorpe
National Grid Reference:
SE4286242884

Details

SE44SW 1/47

BRAMHAM CUM OGLETHORPE LS23 HIGH STREET (south side, off) Manor House

II

Farmhouse, now 2 dwellings. Early C18; altered. Coursed squared magnesian limestone, modern pantile roof. L-plan: 2-cell front range with single-cell rear wing to left, outshut in rear angle. Two storeys (plus attic in wing); quoins; 4-bay facade with altered openings: 2 inserted doorways flanking the junction, with rectangular fanlights and lintels; 2 boxed sashes at ground floor and 3 above (these in the 1st, 2nd and 4th bays), and remains of some earlier vertical-rectangular windows, including the head and jambs of one in the 3rd bay at 1st floor. Gable coping with kneelers; large extruded gable chimney stacks finished with brick. Left gable has an inserted window at 1st floor; return wall of wing has doorway at junction, large altered window to left, a square 6-pane sash and a 4-pane sash at 1st floor (both with exposed boxes), and inserted attic dormer in roof; chimney at rear gable. Interior: not inspected. Reference: RCHM Rural Houses of West Yorkshire 1400-1830 (1986), p.192.

Listing NGR: SE4286242884

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
342208
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Giles, C, Rural Houses of West Yorkshire 1400-1830, (1986), 192

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/08571/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David H. Garbutt. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].