BOAT HOUSE AT ELVASTON CASTLE TO EAST END OF THE LAKE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1203833

Date first listed: 11-Mar-1987

Statutory Address: BOAT HOUSE AT ELVASTON CASTLE TO EAST END OF THE LAKE, BORROWASH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BOAT HOUSE AT ELVASTON CASTLE TO EAST END OF THE LAKE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1203833 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 22:52:27.

Location

Statutory Address: BOAT HOUSE AT ELVASTON CASTLE TO EAST END OF THE LAKE, BORROWASH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: South Derbyshire (District Authority)

Parish: Elvaston

National Grid Reference: SK 41028 33012

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SK 43 SW PARISH OF ELVASTON BORROWASH ROAD 2/32 (North Side) Boat House at Elvaston Castle to East End of the Lake GV II Boat house. Mid C19, built for the Earl of Harrington, probably by William Barron. Red brick with steeply pitched banded fishscale and plain tile roof plus decorative bargeboards to gables and the wide overhanging eaves. Two storeys and single bay. Lake-side elevation has a full width opening with timber lintel supported to centre by wooden pier and above a wide unglazed segment headed window. Rear elevation has two full height pilaster strips with low boarded opening below and a central segment headed doorcase with plank door above. Above again is an unglazed segment headed window. Built as part of the lavish wardens, designed by William Barron, between 1830 and 1860, which are included in the Derbyshire Historic Gardens Register at Grade II*.

Listing NGR: SK4102833012

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 83018

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 10 Derbyshire,

End of official listing