NUT TREE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1204560
Date first listed:
01-Aug-1952
Statutory Address:
NUT TREE HALL, GRANGE HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of NUT TREE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1204560 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Oct-2019 at 10:16:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
NUT TREE HALL, GRANGE HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Tonbridge and Malling (District Authority)
Parish:
Plaxtol
National Grid Reference:
TQ 60350 53871

Details

TQ 6053 PLAXTOL GRANGE HILL 6/10 (south side)

1.8.52 Nut Tree Hall

II

House. C16 continuous jetty house, restored and altered in early C20 by Charles Harrison Townsend for Sir William Allchin, Edward VII's physician. North front. Stone plinth, close-studded timber-framing above with plaster infilling. Continuous jetty carried on exposed joists and brackets, stepped down under right-hand gable. Plain tiled roof with return gables at both end. Ridge stack to right, hipped semi-dormer in centre. Scalloped barge-boards to gables. Two storeys; 3 windows, diamond lattice casements, except small rectangular oriels under jetty at each end. East front. Close studed framing, the left-hand section probably a later addition. Two storeys; irregular 2 window front, diamond lattice casements. Entrance on ground floor at right, glazed. Interior. Hall. Brough-in panelling. Dining room. C16 fireplace with chambered bressumers. Brought-in panelling with low reeded cornice. Sitting room first floor gallery added circa 1905 by Townsend. Drawing room. C16 fireplace with chamfered bressumer. Crown post in first floor room at north-west corner, supporting roof of right-hand return gable of north front.

Listing NGR: TQ6035053871

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
357341
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Oct 2005
Reference: IOE01/14745/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ron Garvey. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].