DOVECOTE APPROXIMATELY 100 METRES WEST OF HEYBRIDGE FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1205212
Date first listed:
08-Aug-1986
Statutory Address:
DOVECOTE APPROXIMATELY 100 METRES WEST OF HEYBRIDGE FARMHOUSE, UTTOXETER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DOVECOTE APPROXIMATELY 100 METRES WEST OF HEYBRIDGE FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1205212 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 14:35:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
DOVECOTE APPROXIMATELY 100 METRES WEST OF HEYBRIDGE FARMHOUSE, UTTOXETER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
Staffordshire Moorlands (District Authority)
Parish:
Checkley
National Grid Reference:
SK 01627 38551

Details

SK 03 NW CHECKLEY C.P. UTTOXETER ROAD (south side) Lower Tean

9/153 Dovecote approx. 100m west of Heybridge Farmhouse

- II

Dovecote. Circa 1863. Part of a planned farmstead of the Phillips family of Heath House (qv) and Tean Hall Mill (qv). Red brick with stone quoins. Steep, banded tile, pyramidal roof with tilted and bracketed eaves and surmounted by wrought iron weather vane. Square plan on plinth and of approximately four-storey height; landing stage set at half height: a cornice on corbels with nesting box entries set approximately 600mm over; projecting stone band over cart entry (probably contemporary) with double boarded doors. Forms a prominent landmark and set amidst a much altered farm layout dated 1863 with the initial "J W P". Heybridge Farmhouse and farm buildings are not included in this list.

Listing NGR: SK0162738551

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
274957
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Sep 2002
Reference: IOE01/07275/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Geoffrey R Hood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].