WELLINGTON ESPLANADE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1207048

Date first listed: 21-Jun-1993

Statutory Address: WELLINGTON ESPLANADE, 1-24, WELLINGTON ESPLANADE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WELLINGTON ESPLANADE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207048 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 01:06:08.

Location

Statutory Address: WELLINGTON ESPLANADE, 1-24, WELLINGTON ESPLANADE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Waveney (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: TM 54445 91993

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 13/4/2017

LOWESTOFT

TM59SW WELLINGTON ESPLANADE 914-1/3/81 (West side) Nos.1-24 (Consecutive) Wellington Esplanade

II

Terrace of houses. 1852-53 by John Louth Clemence for Sir Samuel Morton Peto. Red brick with gault brick dressings. Roofs originally of slate, now partly concrete tile. Raised central block and end pavilions, the latter defined by rusticated quoins and hipped roofs. 3 storeys and basements. Each house with a 2-storey canted bay and a porch entrance. Fenestration originally of horned sashes without glazing bars, now mostly mid-late C20 casements. Each house with a stack on the front and rear roof slopes. Part of the extensive plan for housing originally devised in 1846 by J.L. Clemence for Sir Samuel Morton Peto for the development of Lowestoft as a fashionable holiday resort, made possible by the building of the railway by Peto in the 1840's.

Listing NGR: TM5444591993

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 391365

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing