12,13,14, BANK PARADE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1207241

Date first listed: 27-Sep-1979

Date of most recent amendment: 20-Dec-1991

Statutory Address: 12,13,14, BANK PARADE

Map

Ordnance survey map of 12,13,14, BANK PARADE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207241 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2018 at 04:39:35.

Location

Statutory Address: 12,13,14, BANK PARADE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lancashire

District: Preston (District Authority)

National Grid Reference: SD 54185 28800

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PRESTON

SD5428NW BANK PARADE 941-1/14/26 (North side) 27/09/79 Nos.12, 13 AND 14 (Formerly Listed as: BANK PARADE Nos.1-14 (Consecutive))

GV II

Terrace of 3 town houses. Mid to later C19; altered. Sandstone ashlar, slate roof. Double-depth plan, each house single-fronted and with a back extension. Two storeys with cellars and attics, each house 2 bays; plinth, 1st-floor sill-band, bracketed cornice with low blocking course; raised rusticated quoins at left and right ends. Nos.12 and 13 built as a reflected pair with doorways flanking a shared through-lobby, No.14 with doorway in 2nd bay. The doorways, up 3 steps, have moulded architraves with cornices on consoles, recessed doors (panelled at Nos.12 and 14, altered at No.13) with rectangular overlights (that at No.12 with margin panes); the lobby doorway between Nos.12 and 13 has a panelled lintel with a cornice, and an unglazed overlight with ornamental iron openwork. At ground floor each house has a rectangular bay window composed of square columns which have capitals with anthemion enrichment, entablature with plain frieze and dentilled cornice, panelled aprons to the lights (2 lights at Nos.12 and 13, 3 lights at No.14), and sashes without glazing bars (except No.13 which has altered glazing). All windows at 1st floor are sashed without glazing bars and have moulded architraves with cornices, those above the doors with consoles. Inserted attic dormers; ridge chimneys, those at Nos.12 and 13 with bracketed cornices. History: No.13 was the home of Joseph Livesey, (1794-1884), the pioneer of the teetotal movement.

Listing NGR: SD5419228806

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 391899

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing