LANE FOOT COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1207349
Date first listed:
03-Mar-1987
Date of most recent amendment:
16-Jun-1987
Statutory Address:
LANE FOOT COTTAGE, MONK ING ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of LANE FOOT COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1207349 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Aug-2019 at 08:32:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
LANE FOOT COTTAGE, MONK ING ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
North Yorkshire
District:
Harrogate (District Authority)
Parish:
Dacre
National Grid Reference:
SE 18040 61672

Details

SE 16 SE DACRE MONK ING ROAD (north side, off)

8/57 Lane Foot Farmhouse and attached barn

GV II House and barn. Early-mid C18, barn dated 1751. Coursed squared gritstone, graduated stone slate roof. House: 2 storeys, 1 bay; barn: 2 bays. Quoins. House: board door on right in quoined surround with large lintel; to left on each floor 3-light flat-faced mullion window. Cyma-moulded kneelers, gable coping, end stack left. Interior not inspected. Barn attached to right: large central cart entrance with quoin, the lintel raised to eaves height. Byre door to right: alternate quoined surround, large lintel. Hollow-moulded kneeler and gable coping to right. Right return: door to right with lintel inscribed 'T I 1715'. Evenly-spaced scaffolding holes serve as vents.

The list entry shall be amended to read:-

SE 16 SE DACRE MONK INGS ROAD (north side) 8/57 Lane Foot Cottage and attached barn

GV II

House and barn. Early-mid C18, barn dated 1751. Coursed squared gritstone, graduated stone slate roof. House: 2 storeys, 1 bay; barn: 2 bays. Quoins. House: board door on right in quoined surround with large lintel; to left on each floor 3-light flat-faced mullion window. Cyma-moulded kneelers, gable coping, end stack left. Interior not inspected. Barn attached to right: large central cart entrance with quoin, the lintel raised to eaves height. Byre door to right: alternate quoined surround, large lintel. Hollow-moulded kneeler and gable coping to right. Right return: door to right with lintel inscribed 'TI 1751'. Evenly-spaced scaffolding holes serve as vents. C20 garage to right of barn of no special interest.

------------------------------------

DACRE MONK ING ROAD SE 16 SE (north side, off)

8/57 Lane Foot Farmhouse and attached barn

GV II

House and barn. Early-mid C18, barn dated 1751. Coursed squared gritstone, graduated stone slate roof. House: 2 storeys, 1 bay; barn: 2 bays. Quoins. House: board door on right in quoined surround with large lintel; to left on each floor 3-light flat-faced mullion window. Cyma-moulded kneelers, gable coping, end stack left. Interior not inspected. Barn attached to right: large central cart entrance with quoin, the lintel raised to eaves height. Byre door to right: alternate quoined surround, large lintel. Hollow- moulded kneeler and gable coping to right. Right return: door to right with lintel inscribed 'T I 1751'. Evenly-spaced scaffolding holes serve as vents.

Listing NGR: SE1804061672

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
331186
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Oct 2002
Reference: IOE01/09264/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Jill Archer. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].