THE OLD MANOR INN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1208092

Date first listed: 13-Mar-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 25-Oct-1993

Statutory Address: THE OLD MANOR INN, OLD TORQUAY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD MANOR INN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208092 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 01:33:14.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD MANOR INN, OLD TORQUAY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Torbay (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: SX 89112 61770

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

PAIGNTON

SX8961 OLD TORQUAY ROAD 1947-1/4/66 (North side) 13/03/51 The Old Manor Inn (Formerly Listed as: OLD TORQUAY ROAD Manor Inn)

GV II

Public House. Mid C17 or earlier. MATERIALS: Rendered mass wall; thatched roof with plain ridge, hipped at left end of left wing, gabled at right end; half-hipped at ends of right-hand block; stacks with brick and rendered shafts. PLAN: The right-hand block is the principal range. This has a single-depth 3-room plan with a rear outshut, the 2 right-hand rooms heated by a right-end and axial stack, the left-hand end with a rear left lateral stack. The left-hand wing, perhaps originally a service or stable building, is now used as a bar and restaurant, is roofed on the same axis and partly overlaps the original at the front. It is heated by probably C20 stacks at the left-end and on the front. Flat-roofed C20 addition to rear. EXTERIOR: Main range 2 storeys; left wing single-storey. Asymmetrical 2:3-window front. Main block has a recessed part-glazed door to right of centre with small panes above a low panel. 3 ground- and 3 first-floor timber windows with C20 leaded panes. The wing has an entrance on the right return with a wide doorway, C20 timber door with 2-panel overlight. To its left, a large 2-light top-hung timber window. The front elevation of the wing has a large doorway to the right with shallow brick cheeks and a 2-leaf timber door with an overlight with glazing bars. Two 3-light windows to its left are glazed with pretty c1840s casements each light with a central vertical band of diamond panes with margin panes. INTERIOR: Partly inspected. The right-hand room of the main range has C17 well-carpentered chamfered scroll-stopped cross beams. Remains of bread oven associated with fireplace in centre room. Roof not inspected but may be of interest. One of a group of pre-C19 vernacular buildings in Preston.

Listing NGR: SX8911261770

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 383839

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing