LONGFORD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1208541

Date first listed: 18-Jun-1959

Statutory Address: LONGFORD HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of LONGFORD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208541 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 05:01:44.

Location

Statutory Address: LONGFORD HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Church Aston

National Grid Reference: SJ 72862 18251

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 16/12/2011

SJ 71NW 24/450 18.6.59 5362

LONGFORD LONGFORD Longford Hall

GV II*

1794-7 by Joseph Bonomi. Large ashlar mansion built by Ralph Leeke. Situated in a landscaped park. Two-storeys. 2:3:2 bays with wide giant pilasters and entablature. The centre 3 bays has porte-cochere with pediment supported on 4 giant Tuscan columns, behind which the tripartite doorway has Tuscan columns in antis and a Diocletian window above. String course at first floor level. Moulded stone architraves to sash windows. Slate hipped roof. Four bay west return. Set back to right (east) 2 bays. Interior: The front door leads into the entrance hall with Grecian frieze and screen of columns supporting pediment in front of the staircase hall. The staircase is in 3 flights with bronze balusters around an open well lit by an oval lantern in a deep cove with fluted spandrels. The drawing and dining rooms retain cornices and double chimney pieces. Large plain rendered rear wing, the north-west wing forming the other side of the courtyard is said to have been destroyed by fire. Reference: Country Life 16/8/1962.

Listing NGR: SJ7286218251

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 362303

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Country Life' in 16 August, (1962)

End of official listing