- Heritage Category:
- Listed Building
- List Entry Number:
- Date first listed:
- Statutory Address:
The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1209378 .pdf
The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.
This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 11:46:55.
- Statutory Address:
The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.
- Isle of Wight (Unitary Authority)
- National Grid Reference:
- SZ 40448 87578
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 17/05/2012
(Formerly listed as Doppits)
House. C16 or early C17 core with new entrance range, built c.1830. Front range (which is end on to the street) is of coursed Bembridge Limestone rubble with slate roof and end stone chimneystacks. 2 storeys 3 windows. Gable end with kneelers 16 pane sashes. Central stone porch with gable, kneelers and 2 centred arch. Above is the Way family shield with wheatsheaf. Parallel range of 1841 in matching style. The rear part (which incorporates the earlier core) is of 1 1/2 storeys, rendered with tiled roof and massive C18 brick chimneystack. 3 gabled dormers and modern casement. Interior has 4 inch chamfered spine beam with an elaborate lambs tongue stop. Front range has an early C19 staircase with stick balusters and scrolled tread ends.
Listing NGR: SZ4044887578
The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.
- Legacy System number:
- Legacy System:
This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.
End of official listing
Images of England
Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.