CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1215503
Date first listed:
16-Jan-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, BUTT LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1215503.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Feb-2020 at 18:04:04.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, BUTT LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Kirklees (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Holme Valley
National Grid Reference:
SE 16284 06950

Details

SE 1606 BUTT LANE 14/17 (Hegworth)

16.1.67 Church of The Holy Trinity

II

Gothic revival Church in early decorated style. 1863 by Mallinson and Healy of Halifax. Hammer dressed stone with ashlar dressings. Steeply pitched slate roof with ashlar copings and finials. Cruciform plan with 3 tier square tower with broach spire in north-east corner. Tower has 2-light louvred bell chamber and small lancet openings. Nave of two 2-light shouldered arched windows. Porch to west: 3-light stained glass window with bar tracery to each end and each trancept. Interior: scissor braced trusses which intersect at crossing. Chancel arch. Pre-Raphaelite (possibly Burne-Jones) stained glass window to south trancept. Carved wooden pulpit. Carved stone font 1908. Later Vestry and Organ to south.

Listing NGR: SE1628406950

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
340244
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Jan 2003
Reference: IOE01/09946/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Nigel Wood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].